Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I got visitors today

Uncle Ted and Aunt C came by today to see how I'm doing and did an eval on my potential to be placed at Uncle R and Aunt J's home.

Well, it's good and bad news. Uncle R and Aunt J said I 'could' be their dream dog for life....but, I have major separation anxiety issues. For the last couple days, I was nice and went to my crate (reluctantly) when they left for work, but yesterday, their neighbor said I howled all day until they got home. I did howl, but I tried very hard not to and I didn't break out of the crate either.

I'm also not eating much either... a typical stressed sign for me. Uncle Ted said I looked OK and acted quite normal and happy, but when he asked Aunt J and Aunt C to walk out the front door, I started to stress and didn't know what to do.

The good news is both Uncle R and Aunt J wanted to work on my issues and will spend this long weekend to recondition me on my separation anxiety problem. Bottomline is that I have to at least not howl all day when they go to work or their neighbor will not like it.

So at this point, Uncle R and Aunt J will foster me for couple weeks and see how I do. Meanwhile, Uncle Ted and Aunt C promised to come by to check on me on a regular basis and monitor my progress. It's hard work, but I love these folks and I'm going to try my best to work with them too. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment